Digital Loan Appraiser
LESL is at the forefront of supporting Scotland’s (SME) community, helping them to thrive and achieve their potential. As a Non-Profit Distributing company our only agenda is to make sure that SMEs receive the right support delivered in a way that makes a difference. We do this through direct delivery and in partnership with the public sector. We bring passionate commitment to helping companies and individuals to fulfil their potential and create sustainable growth for the economy.
In 2018 the Scottish Government introduced the Digital Development Loan (DDL) as part of their Digital Growth Initiative. The fund enables Scotland’s small to medium sized enterprises to invest in the digital skills and capabilities of their staff and their businesses. LESL has very successfully delivered the loan fund on behalf of the Scottish Government, supporting the Digital Transformation of Scotland’s small to medium sized enterprises SMEs.
Post Title: Digital Loan Appraiser
Job Outline: Organisations who meet the criteria for the loan can apply for loans from £5,000 up to £100,000. Organisations are able to apply for up to 5years of funding dependent on size of loans.
The loans can be used to increase the digital skills and capabilities of staff through digital skills training courses as well as investment in digital equipment, digital connectivity, digital solutions that support the deployment of digitally enabled processes to boost productivity.
The outcomes for the Fund are to:
• Increase the digital skills of Scotland’s workforce.
• Improving the digital processes of Scotland’s SME base.
• Improving the digital capabilities of Scottish SMEs and their workforce.
Reporting To: The Digital Projects Manager
Location: Currently this post will be home based in line with COVID-19 guidance. Once restrictions ease the post will be based at LESL Headquarters, Atrium Business Centre, North Caldeen Road, Coatbridge, ML5 4EF.
Salary: c. £25,000 – £30,000 p.a depending on experience.
Vacancy Closes: Friday 30th of July
Job Purpose: The Digital Loan Appraiser is responsible for assessing and supporting businesses with their loan applications. This involves appraising the eligibility of their business and their digital project, to ensure progression of the loan application as appropriate. The successful applicant will support businesses to ensure the completeness of their application and the suitability of the digital project.
Appropriate and timeous liaison with the loan approval team, providing qualitative and quantitative data is required, to ensure the approvals team can progress the application appropriately and businesses experience a seamless process. Administrative efficiency will support excellent customer service and the delivery of key performance indicators. Applicants who are not progressed must be advised of the decision and supported to understand why, enabling them to re-apply when appropriate.
Exceptional customer service skills and a sound understanding of digital technologies that an SME might utilise within a business setting are essential. Excellent written and verbal communication skills will form a key element of interactions with applicants.
• Monitor and manage the loan application platform.
• Respond to loan applicants within the service level agreement time.
• Assess application for completeness of information provided.
• Support loan applicant to provide additional information if required.
• Carry out due diligence on the company details provided for eligibility purposes.
• Assess the digital project plan against eligibility criteria.
• Advise applicant of the eligibility decision.
• Share eligible loan applicant details using agreed paperwork with the Loan Sanctioning Team.
• Carry out regular calls with the loan sanctioning team, including joint calls with applicants.
• Deliver presentations to businesses and organisations who may benefit from the Digital Development Loan.
• Provide weekly data on key performance indicators.
This description is indicative of the nature and level of responsibilities associated with this job. It is not exhaustive, and the job holder will be required to undertake other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the post of Digital Loan Appraiser.
Qualifications: Educated to Degree level or equivalent, ideally in an ICT or digital skill. Alternatively, candidate can demonstrate 2-3 years’ experience in an ICT or digital role.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Detailed understanding of digital transformation and adoption within small to medium enterprises (SMEs).
• Have an innovative mindset with interest in the digital, AI, CRM, software development and technology solutions that can support the growth of SMEs in Scotland.
• Understand the range of structures of SMEs.
• Understand core business processes and associated technical solutions.
• An innovative and disruptive mindset, constantly looking forward.
• Influencing and collaboration skills.
• Excellent communication skills including presentation skills.
• Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
• Self-starter who can use initiative.
Applications to : email@example.com