APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
The Social Enterprise Accelerator is a nine-week programme designed to support 15 ambitious South Lanarkshire based Social Enterprises or Enterprising Third Sector Organisations, who are keen to achieve growth and/or further develop their services.
You will receive a wealth of support from our industry experts across nine expert-themed workshops and one-to-ones, designed to help you identify and apply the necessary changes both your organisation and the community you serve, need to thrive.
We’ll support you in creating bespoke and structured action plans throughout the programme. These plans will help take your business to the next level, and ensure you continue to accelerate your organisation.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
This support is for South Lanarkshire headquartered Social Enterprises and constituted Enterprising Third Sector Organisations, who operate from South Lanarkshire, and seek significant growth.
HOW TO QUICKLY ENQUIRE
Step 1: Please check your eligibility for this programme (section below).
Step 2: Please submit the Enquiry Form at the top of this page.
Step 3: We’ll be in touch with you quickly, to discuss your enquiry, before sending a short application form.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 28th October 2022 at 12 noon.
- Interviews will be online via Microsoft Teams from Wednesday 2nd November to Friday 4th November 2022.
- All applicants will be notified of outcome on Monday 7th November 2022.
- Accelerator starts on Tuesday 22nd November 2022 (0930hrs – 1400hrs) at Barncluith Business Centre, Townhead Street, Hamilton, ML3 7DP.
- Applicants must be organisational leaders and the organisation itself, must be headquartered and operate within the South Lanarkshire Council boundary. If in business premises, your organisation must be registered with the Non-Domestic Rates Office within South Lanarkshire Council.
- Applicants must not be involved in any activities such as gambling or other industries that could be deemed unethical.
- Please note: this accelerator requires 15 x eligible participants to run.
- Applicants must demonstrate they fit one of the following categories:
- An organisation that wants to earn 50% or more of its income through trading, is registered/incorporated, has its social values written into its constitution, its surpluses and assets are used to support the social purpose and there is an asset lock.
- Social enterprises include co-operatives, community businesses and trading businesses owned by charities.
Enterprising Third Sector Organisation
- A registered charity but earns some income or wants to develop sustainable trading activities.
- Has paid staff, with the majority of income coming from grants and service level agreements.